My Lovely Followers

Monday 15 May 2017

Waving Hello

Hello!

I'm dropping by with a sweet and simple card I made using the Lawn Fawn Stamp Set Mermaid for You

I coloured 2 of the mermaids very simply with my Distress Ink markers, adding a little detail to their tails with the pen nib. I cut them out with the matching dies and set aside.


I took a piece of watercolour paper and a couple of different colours of distress ink and did a background with the smooshing technique, picking up the diluted ink on a piece of acetate and smooshing it onto the watercolour card to make an unstructured and random pattern.

After I had the desired effect, I added a few drops of water and blotted off the excess, and then splattered on some drops of white acrylic paint.

Once fully dry I cut it down with a large rectangle die from Blueprints 20 and then cut a piece of turquoise lustre card 1/8th of an inch bigger all round to mat it.

I made a US A2 top folding card base and adhered my mats to the card, centreing them.

I arranged my mermaids to decide where I wanted them, and stamped a sentiment from the set in black onyx Versafine ink, then adhered the mermaids in place, popping them up with some foam tape.

Finally for a finishing touch I added a few sequins.



Items Used

Lawn Fawn Mermaid For You Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn Mermaid For You Die Set
MFT Blueprints 20
Smooth White Cardstock
Blue Lustre Cardstock
Hot Pressed Watercolour Paper
Versafine Ink, Onyx Black
Distress Inks
White Acrylic Paint
Sequins
Collal Adhesive
Foam Tape
Ranger Multi Medium Matte



6 comments:

  1. WOW, das ist ja eine ganz tolle Karte
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty. Love the Mermaids.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Linda! I love how you have created the background, and the mermaids are so cute.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that splashing i n the background - perfect Linda! :) And the mermaids are so cute...
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your beautiful inky background creates a lovely underwater feel for your little mermaids...and they are just so adorable!
    Fab design :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx