My Lovely Followers

Saturday 6 May 2017

Lawn Fawn Fairy Friends

Hello!

A quick one from me as promised. 

I received a lovely parcel of MFT goodies today in the post, mostly from the new release that I fell in love with and I've already coloured a bunch of them up ready to make into cards, but in the meantime, here's a couple of simple but sweet cards using Lawn Fawn's Fairy Friends.

I have to admit that I've had these in my stash for quite a while but hadn't gotten around to using them. 

So to make it up to these sweet little fairies I used them for 2 cards.

The first card I decided to to some bold ink blending to create a rainbow and some grassy hills. I cut my own stencils for these using a circle die and an oval scalloped die.


I gave the scene a nice little frame and finished with a few sequins, fairies need sparkle right?

For my second card I went much more subtle with pastel colours and soft ink blending. After blending Spun Sugar, Shaded Lilac and Tumbled Glass onto my watercolour paper I added a few spots of water and blotted with a paper towel and then when fully dray I added a few splatters of white acrylic paint.
 I stamped a few of the little 'sparkles' on my base and and added a few clear gems.


The first set of faires is coloured with my Zig Markers and the 2nd set is coloured with Distress Ink Markers. I gave the first set hair to match their outfit and all the fairies have wink of stella on their wings for sparkle which of course refused to show up on camera lol. The sentiment is from the same stamp set.

I used the following stamps and dies on my cards.

Lawn Fawn Fairy Friends Stamp Set
Lawn Fawn Fairy Friends Die Set
MFT Pierced Rectangle Frames
MFT Blueprints 20


That's all from me today, I'm off to play some more with my new crafty goodies!

Thanks for visiting


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards. Love the cute fairies and your amazing backgrounds.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Linda... these are both so lovely... the blended rainbow on the first is fabulous, along with the matching hair on the fairies.. and then the second is coloured so well with your DI markers.. you may just have inspired me to dig mine out! I think the second has to be my favourite - I may well have to CASe it in the near future!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these cards are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, there is so much to love on these 2 gorgeously cute cards; the pretty colours, the touches of sparkle and the beautiful inky backgrounds...all so very beautiful :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx