My Lovely Followers

Monday 24 April 2017

CASE a card Monday #2

Hello!

Since Kristina Werner was my Saturday Spotlight, I'm casing a make of hers for my CASE a card Monday today.

Here's a reminder of some of the ways you can CASE a card.

Just match the color combo.
Change the theme/sentiment.
Flip it horizontally.
Match how they used an embellishment.
Try the technique they taught.
Use their card as a “sketch” to start with.

Any or all of the above.
If you do CASE someone's card, please link back to the original in your post to give credit for the inspiration.

So this is what I made



and this is Kristina's make and I stayed pretty faithful to her original inspiration, stenciling on Kraft.


I used different stencils and some colours were similar and some different.

I backed my kraft pieces onto black cardstock, because I didn't white emboss my large word. Also I used a word die rather than a stamp using some lustre cardstocks that went with my inks, and I left a narrower gap around my kraft cardstock, but looking at them together now I think I prefer Kristina's larger 'frame'.

I did white emboss the rest of the sentiment onto black cardstock as Kristina did, but I just used one or a few small words on one small piece of cardstock rather than the 2 long pieces that Kristina uses, but the design is very similar and has taken a lot of inspiration from Kristina's work.I  I did also add a few sequins to my finished cards because...well embellishments...you know me 😉

This is what I used for my cards:

Plain Black Cardstock
Kraft Cardstock
Distress Ink Pads (I used 3 shades in a colour group on each)
Various stencils from my stash
Whimsy Shapeology Die Set - Sympathy, Heartfelt and Condolences
Versamark Ink
White embossing powder
Pretty Pink Posh Clear Sequins

I used word stamps from various sentiment collections, but if you wanted a good set to go with these word dies, the new Deepest Sympathy Set from Whimsy Stamps is perfect, I just don't have this one yet.

Here's some individual photos of my cards for a closer look




If you would like to see how Kristina made her cards, I have also included a link to Kristina's YouTube post below.

YouTube Link

I hope you enjoyed seeing how I cased Kristina's work, I'll be back tomorrow with another Technique Tuesday.

Thanks so much for dropping by!


3 comments:

  1. This is a fab example of CASE-ing someone elses work because you have kept the essence of Kristina's design but definitely put your own twist on it...I especially love the sequins you added :-) A gorgeous trio of cards and just perfect for sympathy cards too.
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your three cards are just (as Kristina's were..) FABULOUS... FABULOUS....... FABULOUS!!!

    Christine X

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx