My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 15 March 2017

Shine Bright - Day One - Whimsy Stamps March Release

Hello!

It's that time again, Whimsy Stamps has a brand new release for March and we have all kinds of goodies to share with you.

Today I'm going super CAS with a card using the new Shine Bright clear stamp set.

This really is a set I've been looking forward to, so many crafty possibilities with this set, lots of different designs of cards running around in my head lol, and of course you can also just use them as sentiments to add to your cards with various different stamps, the sentiments are very versatile.

Now to 'fess up, this shaker card did not start out with that large purple star, originally I was just going to cut a star aperture but....I kind of forgot the add the acetate before I added all the foam tape lol, so I ended up having to add it to the front and covering it with the star outline.

But you know what? It looks even better than it did in the original design, so sometimes mistakes are a good thing because they make you think outside the box!


Anyone who knows me well will know that I do like a bit of purple, so it's probably not a big surprise when I use it as an accent colour, and I do think it worked very well here. I did ponder whether to also stamp the sentiment in purple ink, but I wanted it to really stand out from the rest, so I kept it black.
I used all the star stamps in the set and just stamped them somewhat randomly over my card front.

To finish off I just added some of those pretty sequins and gems that are in the shaker to the front of the card,

If you love this set, you might also like the sister set Wish Upon a Star.

You can see the full release here.

That's all from me today, but I'll be back tomorrow and I'll have some more from the Whimsy Release on Friday. Until then, take care and thanks for dropping by!


4 comments:

  1. Wunderschöne Karte, gefällt mir sehr gut
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super design, very bold and striking. I love the result of your happy accident too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx