My Lovely Followers

Friday 16 September 2016

Wee Stamps - Mistletoe Fairy


Well it's the final day of the Whimsy Stamps September release, I hope you've been enjoying seeing them. I love this new release so much though that you'll be seeing lots more of it from me throughout this month.

Anyway, today my card is using one of the new Wee Stamps Collection, she is called Mistletoe Fairy.

Now I could have coloured her up in more traditional mistletoe cololurs, and I probably will do that later, but I really wanted to see her as a little winter fairy. I also decided to do a spot of monochrome colouring with a pop of colour that I'm fond of, but this time to change things up a bit I went with sepia tones rather than greyscale.


I used some lovely pages from the new Winter Wishes pad, and a couple of the glittery enamel dots to match which are gorgeous!

I also used the new Snowflakes Dies.

I love the way she turned out. I was going to add flowers to this card, but I thought the new snowflakes looked so nice that it didn't really need it.


I used my distress ink markers to colour her in and just used 2 pens, Frayed Burlap and Broken China.


The cheesecloth and seam binding are from The Ribbon Girl.

That's all from me for today, but I'll see you soon. Don't forget that there's still time to sign up for my stamp and die giveaway here 

Have fun!

14 comments:

  1. Amazing image. Love your card.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I adore this image, and may have to buy her! Love the monochrome colours with the addition of the blue.
    Have a fab weekend.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning colouring of this fabulous image Linda... and wow... using just two colours!! I also love the colours that you've used for the seam binding and the card - they compliment her perfectly! She certainly is a beautiful fairy and she now resides in my stash also.... maybe to be coloured in a subtle shade of pink in the near future? LOL!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this image is so lovely... Love the coloring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww.... Such a wonderful card! Love really very much this new stamp, I have already seen it in the Sylvia Zet Newsletter and I immediately falled in love with it!! You have coloured this mistletoe fairy in an amazing way! Love the neutral colours withthe pop of light blue,perfect for ice! Gorgous touch with the snowflakes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, Linda! I love winter so it's nice to see that she can be used for the whole season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous and beautiful card Linda love the image fabulous colour's and design have a lovely week end
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous. Those colours rock my world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wow, wow! Linda this is stunning hunny! Sorry I haven't been around in a while. Life has become a little crazier than usual lately and I am just keeping my head above water. But it meant the world to see your sweet comments on my blog the other day and I've been wanting to pop back in and have a good catch up! This week is going to be nutty for me, so I'm grabbing a minute where I can. Thinking of you as the retreat draws near, you're going to be fabulous! Oh to be a fly on the wall!! Have someone take some footage for those of us who can't be there, I'd love to see you in action! I adore the tones you've used for this creation right down to her cold little blue cheek. Utterly stunning hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is so gorgeous!

    How do you do you make your bows /decorations with seam binding? It's super beautiful and mine never gets like yours.. Would love to know how! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Linda, this is utterly divine! Your colouring is so fabulous and I would never have realised it was only using 2 colours as your depth of shading is lovely. The colour palette is beautiful and all the details are fab...I agree that those snowflakes add enough interest without needing flowers too, especially the way you layered them up.
    Thanks for all the comments you left me, they are so hugely appreciated :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did such a great job with this monochrome colouring. Love it!!! This type of colouring is definitely something I need to practice more. I agree with what you said about snowflakes on this card ... They are definitely enough. Gorgeous winter card! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful card Linda !
    Your coloring is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx