My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 22 December 2015

Wee Stamps - Jenny

Hi everyone! Are you feeling festive yet?!  I'm really starting to get in the Christmas spirit now as the days count down, and not so much to do to finish.

I have another Christmas/Winter card to share with you all today, but before I do I would just like to say a huge thank you to all of my followers for visiting my blog this year. I would especially like to thank those of you that leave me wonderful comments. I know I am not as good as I should be at commenting back (although I do always pop in on your lovely creations), time is not always my friend, and much as I would love to leave comments on everyone's blog all the time, my full time job means that it's hard to balance all the things I do with my limited spare time. Aside from the normal day to day necessities and chores, I try and divide my time between  friends and family, crafting, blogging and Facebook, and there just isn't enough time to go around! It's for that reason that I often offer candy on my blog (there's some still available till Christmas Eve if you haven't already entered), by way of a thank you.

Now onto my inspiration for today, I have made another Christmas/Winter themed card using one of the gorgeous new digis from Wee Stamps. I just love Sylvia Zet's sweet style.
You can find her and others here.


I coloured her with my distress ink markers to match these Maja Design papers.
Colours used:
Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Walnut Stain, Frayed Burlap, Hickory Smoke, Stormy Sky.
I kept the style of the card fairly simple (well for me!).
I cut her out with a Die-namics postage stamp die and added some snowflakes cut with La-La Land Crafts Small Snowflakes dies and La-La Land Heart Snowflake dies. The paper and dies are available from Dies to Die for


I added some Frantage in Aged Teal around the image to give it a snowy look that matched my colour scheme. I also added lashings of Glamour Dust to all the 'furry' parts of her outfit for some sparkle.


I added some embellishments from The Ribbon Girl (linked below) and my stash.


I decorated the inside fairly simply, with more Maja Design paper and a place to write a message.

Products from The Ribbon Girl

3 - 6 mm Ivory Pearl S/A Pearls

I'm entering this card into the following challenge:

The Shabby Tea Room - Winter Wonderland

* (Update from 5th Jan 2016)


That's all from me today, this is a scheduled post because I'm still at work today and tomorrow (boo!), but then I'm off for 4 days (yay!).

Have fun! :) xx

12 comments:

  1. This is soooo pretty Linda! Love your style and these colours.
    Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones.
    Hugs, t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very swet image!
    your card is very pretty
    hugs
    Bad Kitty's Craftroom
    >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous Winter themed card Linda, love the bronze/copper accents with the blue and brown colour combo, it looks beautiful. As always you have surpassed yourself with this one.
    I hope you and yours have a fabulous Christmas and New Year!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifully sweet card, Linda! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Linda,
    This design is absolutely incredibly gorgeous! The colours are beautiful. I am looking into using Distress Inks in the New Year & hope I can be even half as good as you with the colouring :) I love it. Count me in as a new follower :) Thanks so much for sharing.

    Btw, I have some blog candy too if you are interested :)
    I hope you have a happy & safe Christmas.

    Hugz, Lisa
    http://www.dreamtimecraftsupplies.com.au
    http://blog.dreamtimecraftsupplies.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Linda this is another beauty!! The colours are gorgeous and the image is beautifully coloured! Great design and beautifully embellishments as always.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your days off.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love so much Sylvia Zet's images, they are so cute! Beautiful card, love the light colours and the design!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable! I love the muted colors of this card. Enjoy the holidays, Linda!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO adorable, Linda. WOW, are you ever a talented artist. I'm in awe. My cards are very simple compared to yours. I would like to invite you to stop by and follow my blog, it would mean a lot to me. I will also follow you, and I will definitely be stopping back by to see more of your work because it's awesome. I saw your card over at The Shabby Tea Room and had to come by for a closer look.
    Sierra Winters
    www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wooow what a beautiful card! You took my breath away. It is gorgeous!

    Happy New Year wishes from Slovenia
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWZERS, Linda! This card is amazing ... your coloring is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your amazing card at The Shabby Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the blues on this one and Wee Stamps are all so Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx