My Lovely Followers

Friday 23 October 2015

Saturated Canary - Butterfly Baby @ Dies to Die for

Happy Friday! My goodness I'm glad that this week is coming to an end, it's been sooooo busy, I've been surviving on around 4 - 5 hours sleep a night, not good when you have work the next day lol!  I have a busy weekend too, but at least I have a couple of days off work to look forward to.

Time has been catching up with me a lot lately, I've been very busy at work and there have been all sorts of other pressures on my time outside work that I won't bore you with here, but some days it's been very hard to find the time or even the inclination to craft. With Christmas fast approaching too I've had to sit down and take a serious look at my time management. As there are not enough hours in my day and as I have to work to keep a roof over my head, I've made the painful decision that it's time to cut back on some design team work for now.  I would still like to craft, but crafting is a hobby I turn to to chill me out when things are stressful, not to add to my stress with manically trying to get things made for deadline, or making projects with images that are not what I would choose to if I had to buy them. So it's with a sad heart that I'm dropping 2 - 3 of my design teams. I'll make an announcement on my last day of posting for them, but although it was a very difficult decision to make and took hours of thinking and discussing and working out time commitments, I must say that once I'd made the decision I felt a whole deal less stressed.

Now that doesn't mean that you won't see posts from me, just that I will have the time to work on things over a longer period of time and do what I feel like, whether that's a card, a mini album, or finally getting around to filming the tutorials for you that I've kept wanting to do. Also I'll be sharing some Candy with you soon as I'm having a big sort out of my crafting corner before Christmas. Once I've organised my life a bit more and caught up on my sleep etc, I'll reassess....after Christmas, to see if I have the balance right and go from there. I think guest spots may be the way to go, they last between 1 post and 3 months, so you always know you can take a break 'soon'.

Anyhooo, enough of this waffle and on to my card for today. This card uses one of my favourite stamps for baby cards 'Butterfly Baby' and was made as a special order for a friend of my daughters.
As usual links are at the end of my post.


I was asked for 'neutral' colours - mint or yellow, as they don't know the sex of the baby yet. This papers are just lovely for it, and on sale too...bargain!!


A view from the side so that you can see the dimension. The moon die is from La-La Land Crafts, it was part of a club kit set, but should be released soon and I'm sure Tracy will stock it.

Butterfly Baby
Bildmalarna Box Offer
Die-namics Pierced Star STAX
Taylored Expressions Sequins - Wedding
Stork Charm
Baby Pacifier Charm
Walnut Stain Distress Ink

Aqua Ruffle Edge Sheer Ribbon
38 mm Sheer White Silver Glitter Organza Ribbon
Ivory Button Twine
3-6 mm Ivory Self Adhesive Pearls
Aqua Rolled Roses
30 mm Ivory Wild Rose

The wonderful butterfly is from my talented friend Kay Fatula, you can find her shop here, her butterflies are amazing!

Well that's all from me, but I'll have another post for you later today. Have fun! :) xx

9 comments:

  1. Hi Linda!! Gorgeous card as always. I think I'll have to buy this stamp too, she's adorable!
    I totally understand you about beeing stressed about dt work. I don't have a job atm, but I still get stressed about making cards on time and yes there's a lot of images that I also wouldn't normaly pick if I had to buy them. :/
    Hugs, t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, such a beautiful card. I'm so sorry you are giving up three DT's, but I can certainly understand. I'm on one and am toying with the idea of giving it up. Time comittments are so difficult when one works full time. But I'm afraid if I give up my DT work, my stamping will go by the wayside. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful card!
    great coloring and very nice image
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifully sweet card, Linda! The image is so pretty! Take care of yourself first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This butterfly baby is just a cutie and love how you has set down him on the gorgous moon! Love the card shape and the pretty details

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is adorable!! The colours and design are beautiful and the image is so sweet. I love the star die, it may have to go on my Christmas list. I totally understand how hard it is to hit DT deadlines and I am with you when you say crafting is a hobby and should be for fun.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous baby card using this cute image Linda. I fully understand your decision about dropping some design teams, you have to choose what is right for you and as we can't create more hours in the day something has to give if you still want to retain the joy and fulfilment that crafting for fun brings. Take care,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes its always tuff to manage our time just wish there was more of it. Looooooove this Sweet Card and how fabulous are those colours mixed. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do I understand you!!! I could not wait for the weekend to come. Last week was extra crazy at work and when Friday (afternoon) finally came I was sooooo happy! Especially since I knew I would have the weekend and the next couple of days off. These easy relaxing days are just what I needed. It's a shame they are just flying by though.
    I'm sorry to hear you have to drop 2 or 3 design team positions. I know that will be a big loss for them, but I understand why you are doing it and I think you are doing the right thing. Crafting should be fun and relaxing, not another job where you feel under pressure.
    Love this card you created. Those star and moon dies are wonderful and I love the colours you used. Cute, cute, cute!
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx