My Lovely Followers

Friday 14 November 2014

Amber at Dies to Die for

Happy Friday all!  I'm a very happy bunny today for several reasons, firstly I have a few days holiday from work, secondly my beautiful daughter is coming to visit this weekend and finally I absolutely love my card today, it turned out so well!

This is 'Amber', one of the new Saturated Canary collection from Little Darlings Rubber Stamp, isn't she lovely? I just adore her.

I've coloured her up with my Copics today,  I think she would look equally wonderful in Distress Inks,and I will certainly be colouring her in those another time,  but Copics suited this wonderful paper pad 'Ambrosia'  from Bo Bunny perfectly.



I cut her out with my pierced ovals from MFT and then slipped a couple of doilies cut with the Felicity Doily Die from Cheery Lynn. All edges have been inked with Walnut Stain distress ink.


I cut a lot of little butterflies with the Dancing Butterflies die from Memory box, to echo the little butterflies that are fluttering around her in the image. I edged the frame with this lovely TuTu trim in lilac, it's called purple, but it seems much more lilac to me!


This gorgeous bow and bling are from The Ribbon Girl.


Finally I decorated the inside to compliment the front, even adding a few more of those delightful butterflies. I was going to add a sentiment involving butterflies to the front of the card, but in the end there really wasn't enough room lol, but one can always be added to the inside if needed.

Walnut Stain Distress Ink

I added lots of bright and beautiful flowers, plus ribbon lace and bling from my stash including

Cosmos Daisy - Deep Pink
Cosmos Daisy - Purple
Diamante Heart
 (I coloured this a bit darker with a Copic marker)
Fuchsia Spot Organza Ribbon
Clementine Vintage Lace
2 mm Flat Back Gems 
(coloured with Copics)
5 mm Flat Back Gems
(coloured with Copics)

I hope you like my make for today, I have to admit I'm a little in love with her myself and it was very hard to part with her, but she's already sold to one of my best customers.

I'm back again tomorrow with my GDT post for Art by Mi Ran, and in contrast to today we're going soft and subtle. See you then! :) xx

11 comments:

  1. Linda WOW, WOW and WOW!!! So colorful, so beautiful!!! I love all the lace, and the violet trim, and all the butterflies, and of course wonderful image!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is stunning Linda. Such a pretty image, amazing colouring and full of gorgeous detailing. I am not surprised she is already sold!
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and beautiful Linda love the image beautiful colour's and fabulous embellishments have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous rainbow coloured card, so very pretty and sumptuous. I love the bright colours and details you have incorporated in the design and am not at all surprised at it's quick sale. Hope you have a lovely weekend and enjoy your daughter's visit.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why your cards sell before they are shown on your blog! This is so beautiful, as always! Enjoy your day off and time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNING! Awesome Colours gee if I used all those colours it would look Awful but yours is Amazing can'nt wait to see the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this is a really special card. The image is gorgeous and I love the lilac Tu-Tu trim. Such wonderful papers and embellishments too.
    Have a lovely weekend with your daughter.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a feel-good card and will definitely be making someone's day! All those bright colours look so beautiful and your details and embellishments are gorgeous!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this is sooo Beautiful!!! I will have to give that tulle trim a try!!
    hugs, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seeing such a brigt and optimistic card on this yucky cloudy autumn day is definitely a balm for the eyes. All those butterflies are just an added plus. ;)
    Stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. ces couleurs, c'est un feu d'artifice de beauté, c'est sublime

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx