My Lovely Followers

Friday 29 August 2014

Days of Winter/Kraft for Dies to Die for and A Creative Romance

Happy Friday everyone!  Well I'm so glad that the weekend is almost with us, I've been struggling to shake off this cold all week, thought I'd got rid of it but it seems to be lingering so hopefully I can relax and shrug it off completely with some rest at the weekend.

Anyhooooo on to why I'm here and it's unusual on 2 fronts for me today, firstly because I'm combining my posts, and I think this is the first time I have ever done this as I don't normally like to, but I was so busy and the cold had really put me behind with everything, so it was combine or miss a post completely, so I thought it best to combine.  The 2nd unusual thing is that my card does not have a stamped and coloured image, that's really rare for me, I do it from time to time but I think in a year of blogging this is only the 3rd time that my project does not have a hand coloured image on, but I was in need of saving some time.  Having said that, I really love the look of this vintage Christmas card and it was certainly a time saver, so you may well see more like this from time to time.

Our new challenge over at A Creative Romance is Kraft, so we want to see your creations using kraft card.  I used some kraft card stock for my card base, matting and some of the snowflakes.


As usual I  hand stitched my layers, I also distressed them and inked them with Walnut Stain DI. I popped some cheesecloth behind the layers.


The beautiful papers are the new Days of Winter collection from Pion Design.


There are links to products available in the store at the end of my post.


Products used


Do join in with our challenge, we have a fabulous sponsor this week Live and Love Crafts so you could win a lovely prize from them (both my almost covered lace and my ruffle trim were bought there).

Don't forget to check out my teamies creations here for some fab inspiration, and I'll see you again on Sunday with my card for Totally Tilda.  Take care! : ) x x 


9 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful colour combination, my favourite actually. Love the image and of course all your usual layers, details and embellishments. A stunning Christmas card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgous use of kraft cardstock, I love this beautiful vintage card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Linda. I love the papers and such gorgeous detailing.
    I hope you feel better soon and that you have a good weekend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, Linda! It is breathtaking! The papers and embellishments are so beautiful! Your handstitching is perfect. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely beautiful!
    I love the Vintage touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Linda! The colours work so well together. Your embellishments are gorgeous too.
    Hope you are feeling better and are able to enjoy the weekend.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Such a stunning card! Love it all, the beautiful colors togheter,the vintage look and all the lovely details! Stunning:)

    Junhild

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! I love the vintage feel of this and the colour scheme is so gorgeous.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a Great Vintage look with a touch of colour. The stitching looks Fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx