My Lovely Followers

Monday 14 July 2014

Heart Key Marci - Pearls & Pins at La-La Land Crafts

Good morning (or afternoon or evening, depending on when you read this and what part of the globe you're in).  It's Monday so I'm here again for the Team Monday girls with my inspiration for La-La Land Crafts. 
This week our theme is Pins and Pearls, well that makes me a happy bunny, because I'm sure you know by now if you follow my blog that I do love me a pearl or two : )

La-La Land items used:




I chose some very pretty Prima papers called Lyric from a pad that has actually been in my drawer for months.  I decided to colour up Heart Key Marci with distress inks for a change as I thought they would really suit these pretty vintage style papers.

Skin: Tattered Rose, Tea Dye
Hair: Black Soot
Clothes: Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, Black Soot
Key: Pumice Stone, Spun Sugar

I used Heart Doily Border Die behind a spellbinders labels nestie, I cut it down a little to fit and used it top and bottom.  I cut 2 x Heart Doily die and tucked them behind on the top right of the card. You can see the Bird Cage peeking out from the top left, I added a bow to the top of it and a rose and placed a small key charm underneath. I used one of the butterflies from the Butterflies Set 1 and cut it twice and used one on either side topped with a small black rose.


Behind my frame I've taped some pink Melissa Frances Pink Pouf ribbon.  This is a little expensive, BUT I have to explain that it's on elastic, so for most uses you can just stretch it (unless you want it REALLY poufy) and a little goes a very long way.  I've used mine quite a lot and still have a fair bit left.

The pearl pins are a mix of Trinket Pins and Hat Pins you can always colour them with your Copics if you can't get the colour you want, I do this a lot with pearls and gems.


I used a mix of different size flat back pearls, these are the non-adhesive type, which are a bit more fiddly to put on but at least stay put when don't, I do find that however hard I bash the self adhesive ones down, I always seem to lose one or two eventually.

I edged all my die cuts with Tattered Rose DI, and all my papers with Black Soot. Distressed the straight edges of my papers and hand stitched with Top Stitch thread as usual.

Well that's all from me today, the next La-La Land post I make will be for the new release, how exciting is that?! Do pop over to the blog and have a look at the other makes we have for you, they are soooooooo pretty this week.  If you love creating with La-La Land stamps or dies, do join in the fun on our FB Group page :)

For now I'll be back tomorrow with my regular Dies to Die for post : ) x x

10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Linda. The image is so sweet and I love the gorgeous embellishments.
    Enjoy the rest of your week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Linda love the beautiful colour's and image and fabulous design
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty as always. You have a great talent for producing wonderfully embellished cards.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful card Linda. Love the gorgeous tones of pink, scrummy papers and the fabulous design of your card.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely card, Linda, this rose goes so well with black, great contrast! Love the tulle behind the stamp, fantastic texture. Have a nice week!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! The black and soft pink go perfectly together and I love the pretty scattering of pearls.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, this is soooooo sweet! I love the soft colours with just a touch of black. Pure elegance! Another amazing creation. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet, love the soft colours and pretty paper, beautifully done
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this colour Combo is STUNNING! Your Layering is just Amazing! I could look at your Cards allday and still find something new to look at on them!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx