My Lovely Followers

Friday 29 November 2013

Santa's Coming to Town at Crafty Catz

Good morning, it's finally Friday again!!  What a busy week I've had, and a busy weekend to come as I'm attempting to get some Christmas stuff done, visiting the Christmas market and having friends round to dinner...phew!

Well on to today's challenge which has been chosen by our lovely Nick is 'Santa's Coming To Town', this means your card must have at least one Santa on it, pretty easy at this time of year right?

Well unless you're me, I'm really not a Santa on your card kind of girl, so I didn't have a single Santa stamp :P

I was going to use an image printed on some lovely design paper I had, but then I stumbled across this stamp by Sugar Nellie which was available in digi, it was so sweet I decided to buy it....so I had my Santa....still couldn't bring myself to go with the traditional Santa colours though, as you can see on the card I made.



The papers are by Inkadoo, they're old ones I got a while back now you can get them on sale here at Dies to Die For.  I edged them with Walnut Stain DI and then stitched them by hand as usual.


The image is a Sugar Nellie digi called Little Helpers. I coloured it with Copics and used a Polychromos pencil for some texture on his outfit.  I've added some liquid applique to make the fur and some glamour dust to make the snow sparkle.


The Snowflake die I used for the corner is from Memory Box, it's called Frostyville Corner
I've glittered the Wild Orchid Craft flowers with Diamond Dust for that frost effect and used some pom pom trim, not really my usual style, but I found it in my stash and thought it worked well with the card.


I found this ribbon in my stash and the colours matched my card perfectly.  I finished off with a sparkly button and some twine and glued on the little stocking charm.

I hope you like my card, do pop over to Crafty Catz and show the rest of the DT  some love for their wonderful creations and join in with our challenge, we have a fab prize from our sponsor 


Don't forget to check out my Candy before you go.

Enjoy the rest of your Friday! :) xx




7 comments:

  1. It's really nice to see a non traditional Christmas card sometimes and this one is just perfect, cute image, fantastic colouring and great embellishments and finishing touches, would be pleased to receive this at Christmas.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and beautiful card Linda just love the colour's you have used and just love the image and design have a lovely weekend my friend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore this Linda, blew me away so much gorgeousness in one project. Huge congratulations on your DTDF dt position, I'll be back later to enter! Have a great weekend on cloud 9 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, love the pastel colours for a non traditional look x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the aqua and pink combo. Perfect for that great card. Love your Santa image. Congrats on your DT position. Well deserved for sure. Hope you are having a great weekend. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, Santa looks fab in his aqua tones! Love the pink pom pom trim too!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this one, gorgeous Santa.
    hugs Teresa x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx