My Lovely Followers

Friday 8 November 2013

DT Crafty Catz - Inspirational Photo

Happy Friday! That means the weekend is approaching and even better it's time for a new challenge at Crafty Catz.

It's my first time hosting the challenge for Crafty Catz and I'm trying my best not to klutz it up lol. Anyway this week it's been Guy Fawkes night in the UK (November 5th) and that means lots of celebrations with Fireworks, (for those of you who don't know about Guy Fawkes do google him, it's quite bizarre in a way that we celebrate this and how), and so I thought I'd make this week's challenge to use a photo of fireworks to inspire you. So this week's challenge is an

INSPIRATIONAL PHOTO


Now don't run away screaming lol, it's not hard we just want you to take some inspiration from this picture and use it to make your card, that could be the colours, the theme, the picture, the sparkle, the celebration....the list is endless and limited only by your own imagination.

We have an absolutely fabulous sponsor this week, the oh so talented Krista Smith from




Is offering 2 images of their own choice to the winner!!

How cool is that? I lurve her images and so was delighted that she also very kindly provided us with images for the design team to use...'drool'.

So from the photo I toll inspiration from the colours, the glitz and sparkle and the whole wow factor of fireworks and I came up with this



The image I chose is Starla, I thought she was perfect for this, isn't she wonderfully over the top?




She's coloured with my Copics as usual, there are just too many colours here for me to list lol.



I used some gold stickles on the centre of the daisy to bling it up a bit.
Papers have been edged with DI in Chipped Sapphire and sewn with top stitch thread in blue.


The background scene is a digi from Make it Crafty.

Papers - Bildmalarna, Welcome - Red Stripes from Dies to Die For
Stamps used are from Whimsy as well as the matching dies.
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
Film Strip Ribbon from L&LC
All other embellishments from stash.

I hope you like it, do come check out what the DT have made, they have really rocked out this theme, and then have a go yourself, we would love to see yur creations :) xx

I'm entering this card for the following challenges:

Saturated Canary #56- Sketch
613 Avenue Create #44- Anything Goes
7 Kids #86
Bunny Zoe's Crafts #October -Ribbon
Creative Corner Challenges #Sing a Song


16 comments:

  1. Hi Linda
    Wow fabulous and fantastic card love the image fabulous layout and just love the colour's and a great challenge this week have a lovely weekend my friend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Linda, what a gorgeous card and so love all the little details..
    Have a lovely week-end.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. More Than Like I So Love It And What A Brilliant Job You Did For Your First Host. Congrats And Have A Great Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely card and so many fab colours, have a nice weekend
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic card Linda, gorgeous colours and love all the details
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY, stunning card, love the detailing, perfect for the image, fantastic challenge this week, loved it, have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a great theme Linda. I love the card design. Awesome colouring as always. Great embellishments. Have a great weekend. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your image is beautifully colored and your embellishments are wonderful! Wonderful color integration throughout your project! Your design leaves no doubt, but that this lady is a DIVA! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another stunning creation! I'm not much into photo inspirations, but you have chosen a great photo... and an easy one LOL Thank you for the great challenge!
    Have a nice weekend and I am sorry I didn't make a comment on your card last week - have no idea how could that happen...
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this hot mess! And a perfect stamp for it, too. :) Really love the coloring and that "weird" stamp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous creation! Your coloring is amazing! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at 7Kids College Fund!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow absolutely stunning - I love it!! Your colouring is beautiful! Love the background too!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Amazing card Linda! Love your original design and colouring, you created a fab scene for this lovely Krista's image!

    Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenge Blog this week :)

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sensational card as always! sorry for the late visit. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome layering thanks for playing with us at saturated canary hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yet another stunning creation, I love your colouring.
    Thank you for playing along with us this challenge at Saturated Canary
    Hugs, Becky x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx