My Lovely Followers

Monday 21 October 2013

Wee Stamps Summer Fairy

Good evening (or morning, depending on when you read this and indeed, what part of the globe you're from I guess).  I should have blogged this card earlier today, in fact it was made and ready to go but then we had a visitor and I needed to go out to get a guillotine, as I'm fed up of buying blades for my trimmer.  I even bought titanium ones last  time and they seemed to last no longer to be honest. Anyway, finally I got round to taking pics and just finding time to blog it before bed. 

I didn't make this for any particular reason other than that I loved the image and fancied trying something a little different. I had an idea I wanted to try out, I'd seen a card in monochrome with a touch of blue here and there a while back, and loved the kind of frosty look of it.  I thought it might be fun to do a similar thing but with pink, like something gradually warming up and coming to life.  Here's what I made.


I used my favourite Maja Design papers collection, Crea Diem, love love love these papers.  Well I love all the Maja papers to be fair, but these most of all, these come from Dies to Die For.  All the papers and card have been edged with Pumice Stone DI and stitched with white top stitch thread. I don't think the camera really does this card justice (or maybe it's just the photographer :P), the effect is very subtle and doesn't really capture on film as it does in RL. 


The image is drawn by the talented and sweet Sylvia Zet.  This digi from Wee Stamps is called Summer Fairy.  Isn't she gorgeous.  I think she looks a bit like a statue coming to life coloured like this, love her.
She's coloured in Copics, I used a selection of  Warm Greys and RV91.  I accented her wings with a little glamour dust.


I used a Memory Box frame, a Joy Crafts Butterfly Border split into 2 parts and a Magnolia Doohicky tag.  The card was shaped with dies from Go Kreate.


Flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts, the seam binding and narrow white lace (which I realise I have ONCE AGAIN, covered almost completely, what am I like) are from The Ribbon Girl, everything else is from stash.

I rather like the effect, I hope you do too and that it inspires you to try something a little different.

This card can be bought from my Etsy store, see link at Top left of page.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

613 Avenue Create #42 (Image, patterned paper, shaped, die cut, liquid pearls, bling, flowers, stitching)
Alphabet Challenge R is for Roses
Live & Love Crafts #16 Use Pink
Stampin' for the Weekend Anything Goes

I've had quite a productive weekend as I've finished a GDT project as well as this make and almost completed this weeks CC DT project, so now I'm off to catch some zzzs. work in the morning.

See you again soon, until then, take care :) xx 





9 comments:

  1. Hi Linda a stunning and beautiful card i just love this image and you have coloured her beautifully
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card, love all the layers and subtle colours.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to leave a comment on Facebook but it didn't let me for now so I pop in here instead. :) This is absolutely stunning Linda!! You are such talented girl! I love absolutely everything about your card, it is a real eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Linda, this is stunning! The colours you have used to colour her are just gorgeous and suit the image so well! Love all the lovely embellishments too!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring... Stunning, Linda! What a beautiful card...
    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this is stunning Linda, your coloring is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love all the embellies, thanks for sharing at Alphabet Challenge.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful project! Wonderful colors that are integrated well throughout your design. You have plenty of texture and depth and your treatment of the image is top drawer. Had you colored her differently, I don't think the design would have been quite as stunning. Great use of die cuts, too. Beautifully executed! So nice to find this on our front porch here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card, love how you have coloured the image and the pretty papers. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx