My Lovely Followers

Sunday 18 August 2013

Gucci Tilda

Afternoon folks, hasn't it turned out to be a wonderful day? The weather is brill, my migraine is pretty much gone now so I'm feeling very happy and to ice the cake I made the top 5 in the Magnolia Only Challenge with my recent Black & White card here .

I have a card to share today, it should have been finished yesterday, but I was very slow with the head and stomach as they were and didn't quite finish it.  But that was remedied this morning and I'm able to share it with you now :)

This is a new stamp I got only recently and this is the first time she's been inked up.  Alphabet Challenge are doing N this week for newest stamp so that worked for this one and Time for Magnolia are doing Sun, Sea and Beach and I combined that with CLP's Sketch and Addicted to Stamp's Shabby/Vintage gave me the inspiration I needed (and believe me with my head I needed inspiration yesterday lol) for this card. For the colour and feel of the card I took some inspiration from the MDUC from the sky the flowers, table and pots.

This is what I came up with.



I used kraft cardstock as my base and some of the lovely Maja spring basics collection along with a piece of Magnolia Vintage Blue Ink roses.  All the papers are distressed with Tim's tool and some Walnut Stain DI, and they've all been stictched by hand.
The ribbon and that gorgeous lace are both from The Ribbon Girl. Flowers here are mostly from The Ribbon Girl except the blue roses and daisies which are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I normally brush my flowers with white acrylic paint when I'm going for the vintage/shabby look, but I didn't feel that would look right with all the cream and beige here, so I had an experiment and brushed them with some liquid pearls in Platinum, which looked fab, but sadly doesn't show up in this pic, though you can see the effect much better in the 'arty' close up a few pics below.



The stamp used is Gucci Tilda from the newest Sea Breeze collection.  I've coloured her in Copics (no surprise there lol) . Not overly pleased with the hair, I find this wavy style the hardest to do, straight and curly is fine but this style tends to baff me a bit heh.

Hair : E41, 43, 55, 57, 29
Skin: E000, 00, 11, 21, R20, 11
Trousers: B000, 12, 14
Shirt: W0, 2
Bag and contents: E41, 43, 29, 25, B000, 12, W0
Sand, Sea and Sky: E41, 43, 55, B000, BG0000, B12

The starfish is a little button from my stash with the back cut off and brushed with some liquid pearls in Platinum.
I used one of my Spellbinders nestie circles to cut her out and mounted her on some blue cardstock cut with another Spellbinders die, Stately Circles.


I decorated the inside fairly simply to complement the front.


Here you can see the liquid pearls on the flowers a bit more.  The effect is subtle, but it does show up more than this off camera.  I brushed the metal corner I used with liquid pearls also and finished off the whole with some decorative pearls.

I hope you like my share for today, I'm adding this card to the following challenges:

Time for Magnolia - Sun Sea & Beach
Alphabet Challenge - N, Newest Stamp
Addicted to Stamps - Shabby/Vintage
Magnolia Down under - #210 Inspirational Picture
Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia -#76 Punches or Dies
Creative Corner Challenges - Anything Goes

That's it from me for now, I'm off to go tidy up my crafting corner and see if I can whip something up for The Ribbon Girls colour challenge which is red this time.

Have fun! :) xx

13 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous Linda! Thanks for you sweet comment at ATSC, and for joining in our vintage/shabby challenge!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful: fabulous colours and a lovely layout. Thank you for playing at Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia this fortnight. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning tilda card Linda - love all the layers and details. glad the migraine has cleared!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda,

    What a GORGEOUS cards you make. I love this one and also your other ones like the black and white.
    I just became your newest follower!
    Xx linda ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. an adorable card with beautiful details!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenge!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card! I love the dimension. Thanks for playing at Alphabet Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card - your design and colour scheme is gorgeous. I love your sweet lovely coloured Tilda and stunning detailing!!

    Thanks so much for joining lovely hAnglar and sweet Magnolia challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card!! Love all the pretty embellies! Thanks so much for joining us at ATSC! Good luck. Hugs, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks absolutely fabulous. So many beautiful details and lovely coloured as well!! Thanks so much for joining us at TFMC. Good luck. Hugs, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for taking the time to visit and leaving me such wonderful comments. Thanks to the DT too for all the lovely design inspiration for the challenges which often pushes me to try a new technique :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is lovely and you have colored her so pretty.

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Linda!
    Oh sweetie, this is utterly stunning! I love the autumn feel you managed to give this card via the colors you chose and Tilda is so cute running along on her shopping spree :) You inked her so she looks even more stunning :)
    Love the flowers :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at MDUC this week :)
    Welcome back!
    Hugs, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card & Tilda, thanks for joining us at LHOSM.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx