My Lovely Followers

Sunday 28 July 2013

Summer Breeze

Another card from me today, I know I should be posting my 'big' project lol, but I got distracted and it isn't quite ready.
I've just got back from a lovely meal with aperitifs and wine, so if my pictures aren't perfect I apologise, no blaming the light or camera today!

There's been quite a few 'summer' type challenges out there recently and it inspired me to use an image I've really liked and wanted to use for a while now, anoyhoo...........enough chat and onto the card.



I thought I'd try my hand at making a pocket or criss cross card for a change as I've only ever made one before.  I kept it fairly simple as my last few cards have been fairly fussy.


A view of the inside insert plus tags. I soaked the seam binding and scrunched it up and then dried it off with a heat gun. The metal corners have been frantaged with shabby white.


A close up of my image, Cali Girl by Krista Smith coloured in Copics accented with Glamour Dust and Glossy Accents. Isn't she pretty?


The 'arty' shot.


A view of the whole thing. Love that ribbon.

Stuff n Things I used to make this card as follows

Papers:  Magnolia
Image: Cali Girl digi from Saturated Canary
Dies : Doohicky Jolly, So Wrapped Lovely and Bloomy Tags. Spellbinders Floral Oval.
Lace, ribbon, seam binding, pins and flowers:  The Ribbon Girl
Copics: Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, R20. Bikini and bag - Y00, Y02, BV000, BV11. Hair - E50, E51, E53, E57, E17.
Frantage embossing enamel, Glossy accents, Glamour dust, liquid pearls.

I'm entering this card for the following challenges:


4 comments:

  1. Wow! Crackin' card Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Linda, a great design and colour scheme. I love your beautifully colour SC image and fantastic detailing!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx