My Lovely Followers

Saturday 20 July 2013

No Designer Papers

Good afternoon, I hope you're all enjoying your weekend so far.  I'm feeling much more comfortable now the blistering heat in the UK seems to have eased up today, it's warm and pleasant but comfortable, unlike yesterday where I felt I was going to melt all over my desk, I felt very sorry for the guys upstairs doing the resuscitation training!

Anyway, since I could craft pleasantly today without getting all sticky I thought I'd share a card I've made for the latest challenge at A Creative Romance, 'No Designer Papers' .

I could have gone with a CAS stamped and coloured image or maybe white on white with die cuts and flowers, but I decided to try something a little different.

I'd seen a tutorial for a 3 tier card a while back and tried my hand at a simple version, and I thought it would be perfect for this challenge.  A tiered card is where you cut the layers you are going to stamp and then arrange them on top of each other with low tack glue and then stamp over the edges.  Then you mat each layer and stack them with foam pads to give a 3D effect. 


 I have to say I was really disappointed with the way this photographed.  The large butterfly is stamped with a pearlescent ink but the effect which is quite lovely on the card, doesn't show up at all on camera, but that may just be me being an unskilled photographer working in makeshift conditions, the glamour dust isn't making it's presence known either lol and the gems are not exactly twinkling sigh...anyhoooo...enough moaning from me!
I made the card quite large to try out the technique more easily, I'd probably go with a standard 6 x 6 next time.  I have no clue what make the stamps are, I picked them up as an impulse buy on a visit to hobby craft and usually use them to decorate the edges or insides of cards etc.



I added a metal corner and sweetheart blossoms, cosmos daisy and rose from Wild Orchid Crafts .  The corner has been embossed with a mixture of shabby pink and aged rose Frantage from SirStampaLot . You can just about see the glamour dust on the black butterfly in this shot lol



I also added frantage to the metal butterfly and more flowers, both from WOC again.  The sentiment is from Pink Petticoat, you get loads and this one is nice in that it doesn't have to be for a birthday.

The butterflies around the edge of the top tier are cut with Butterfly Border I just split it into two parts and then mad with the frantage again hehe.



The ribbon is from stash and I finished off with a few pink gems.

I hope you like it and I apologise once more for the quality of the photos, I will have to practice more or invest in some lights lol.

Thanks for visiting and do please leave me a message, I like to know you've been and drop by your blog in return...and if you don't have a blog, leave a message anyway, I love to read them and no I'm not talking to myself.

I'll be posting another card later today so pop by again.

Hugs 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx